EMPLOYER JOB OFFER IN-DEMAND SKILLS STREAM LAUNCHED IN ONTARIO
7441Residential and commercial installers and servicers7521Heavy equipment operators (except crane)8431General farm workers8432Nursery and greenhouse workers8611Harvesting labourers7611Construction trades helpers and labourers2212Geological and mineral technologists and technicians9462Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers
The Government of Ontario has launched a new Canadian immigration. The Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream, which was announced on August 16 and opened the same day, is a pilot project for workers in high-demand occupations who also have a job offer in Ontario.
The Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream is related to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). This program allows Ontario to selected individuals for Immigration to Canada on the basis of the criteria set by the province.
The new list of occupations comprises of the occupations in the agriculture and construction sectors.
Applicants can only process their application if they meet all eligibility criteria, have received a permanent and full-time job offer from an Ontario employer, and have a completed and signed Employer Form to upload.
The job offer must fall in the following eligible occupations in National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Level C or D.
To be eligible to apply for the Ontario In-Demand Skills Stream, applicants must have a job offer from an eligible Ontario employer and the following criterion is met:
- The candidate has a permanent (i.e., indeterminate) and full-time job offer in an eligible occupation in the agricultural or construction sectors, and
- Meets the prevailing wage levels in Ontario for that occupation and region.
- If the applicant is already serving at a position, the employer is required to meet prevailing requirements and pay a wage that is equal to or greater than the current wage.
Following requirements must also be met by the applicants:
- Work Experience:Have 12 months of paid, full-time, cumulative work experience in Ontario obtained within the 36 months before the date of the application and must be in an eligible occupation.
- Education:Have completed the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school (high school) education or above and also shown a valid Educational Credential Assessment.
- Valid certificate or license:Have a valid certificate or license at the time of application for any work experience claimed in an occupation that requires certification or licensing.
- Language:Have an English or a French-language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or above in all, reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Settlement Funds:Have sufficient funds and/or source of income in Ontario.
Furthermore, the Ontario employer must also meet the following criteria:
- Have been in active business for at least three years.
- Have business premises in Ontario where the applicant will work.
- Be in compliance with all provincial labor laws, including but not limited to employment standards, health and safety, and labor relations legislation.
- If in the Greater Toronto Area, the employer must have:
- A minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue for the most recent fiscal year, and
- Five permanent full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents (per position to be filled each calendar year) at the location where the applicant will work.
If outside the Greater Toronto Area, the employer must have:
- A minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue for the most recent fiscal year, and
- Three permanent, full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents (per position to be filled each calendar year) at the location where the applicant will work.
- A permanent full-time job offer is an employment offer with no end date and consisting of a minimum of 1,560 hours paid employment in a 12-month period with a minimum of 30 hours per week.
The Ontario Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream is not affiliated with the Federal Express Entryimmigration system. Successful applicants will receive a provincial nomination certificate which may help them to obtain sponsorships.
Assessment of Eligibility:
Get your eligibility assessed by the experts of the best immigration consultants in Pakistan, Lalani & Associates. Visit our website www.lalaniassociates.com.pk and take the Free Assessment and start your immigration process to Immigrate to Canada.